This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrimination Policy in handbook in New Jersey

I recently attened a networking meeting where a long time HR consultant gave a presentation on her services. She indicated to the room that if an employer does not have 10 or more employees they do not need an anti-discrimination policy in the handbook. Title VII is for over 15 employees.

By NJ has the LAD law and I can not find anywhere that it states a specific number of employees to comply with the law so I assume it applies to all employers. Does anyone know if there is a limit for number of employees as it applies to the NJ LAD law?

New Jersey's employment discrimination & harassment laws are codified in NJ LAD. The LAD's definitions are similar to the definitions contained in Title VII. The LAD applies to all employers regardless of the number of employees.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks Betty3, that's what I thought.

Comment

You're welcome.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X