Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

1099 and No Pay

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1099 and No Pay

    My husband has been working in New Hampshire for a guy who is "supposed to" be paying him by 1099. He's been working for this guy for about 3 1/2 months or so and has only been paid 3 times. The guy now owes him about $3,500.00 in wages. Is there a way that we will be able to collect this money owed?

    Please Help.

  • #2
    Your husband can sue him in small claims court. Your husband can also contact the federal Department of Labor and determine whether he must be treated as an employee or whether he qualifies as an independent contractor (and thus the employer is not obligated to withhold taxes, do social security matching, etc.)


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.