X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    Agreed, although technically the only people whose opinions actual matter are those who work for federal and Nevada DOL.

http://payroll-taxes.com/articles/art2.html

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs13.pdf

Leave a comment:

• smrage
    started a topic Ind. Contractors required to work set shift? Nevada

Ind. Contractors required to work set shift? Nevada

Does this seem legal? If anyone knows for sure, I'd love a link for reference as it seems hard to find.

Let's say a barber shop hires me as an Independent Contractor where I get paid a set commission determined by the management of the shop. Now, the management says I am required to work from 8 to 5 monday-friday so I am available for walk-ins. However, I am not paid anything for being there 8 to 5, just the commission I make IF I get a walk-in. So, I could be required to work a full shift and if I get no walk-ins or appoints for that day, I make absolutely nothing.

To me, it seems like I am working as employee but classified as an Independent Contractor so the company could save money on hourly wages, insurance, FICA, etc.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X