Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Union rep for state facility Missouri

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Union rep for state facility Missouri

    The union representitives for the state hospital are cousins of the hospitals COO (gal in charge of the whole place) we recieve the lowest wage in the country as a mental facility, is it legal our representatives are closely related to the person controlling our wages

  • #2
    Federal labor law does not address the issue of who is related to whom with regard to pay and employment for the purposes of your question.

    Not familiar with your state's laws on this.

    Your Union CBA may or may not address this.

    If you are non exempt and are paid at least minimum wage plus applicable OT for all hours worked, you are being paid legally correctly. Your options are to find other employment or, through the procedures where you work, ask for a raise or negotiate better pay through your union.

    It may be unfair but it is not illegal as long as your pay is as above.
    Last edited by lolcat; 10-12-2011, 08:28 AM.


    • #3
      Originally posted by FultonMo View Post
      is it legal our representatives are closely related to the person controlling our wages
      Yes, it's legal unless there is something to the contrary in the CBA.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.