This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can my employer clock me out while I am working? Missouri

My boss clocks me out for lunch without telling me and does not allow me to take a break for lunch is this legal? I have even asked to take a break and been denied and i work 10 to 12 hrs a day 60 plus hours a week 6 days a week
    Thanks for any help

jaimel0620: My boss clocks me out for lunch without telling me and does not allow me to take a break for lunch is this legal?

The state of Missouri does not require that an employer provide you with any meal or rest break http://www.dolir.mo.gov/ls/faq/faq_general.htm. That having been said, your employer can not clock you out for lunch and/or dock you for a lunch period if your company does not grant you this time off.
    Barry S. Phillips, CPA
    www.BarryPhillips.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: This response is intended to provide general information and written for educational purposes only. It does not establish a client relationship. This communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any matters addressed herein.

Comment

jaimel0620: I work 10 to 12 hrs a day...

Do you actually work this long without taking any meal breaks?
      Barry S. Phillips, CPA
      www.BarryPhillips.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: This response is intended to provide general information and written for educational purposes only. It does not establish a client relationship. This communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to any party any matters addressed herein.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X