This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government agency interferes with contractor hiring Missouri Missouri

I was a project manager for 4 years for a contractor hired by a government agency (GA). Two of my employees filed a complaint against the government agency due to harassment by an employee of the GA. The GA’s Director (GAD) blames me even though I brought it to her attention to address it on numerous occasions prior to the formal compliant filing. My employer informed me that the GAD had requested I and my assistant be removed at this time. Being that the quality of my performance had never been questioned prior to this event my employer refused. My contract has ended and prior to arriving in town, the NEW contractor (NC) telephoned me to gauge my interest in staying on as project manager. I was told I would be interviewed but it never happened. I believe the GAD placed pressure on the NC not to retain me as the project manager due to the formal complaint filed. I was told during a chance meeting with the NC that they had offered the position to someone else (an individual recommended by the GAD that had worked for me and quit his job a month prior without notification). The very next words he spoke were “the GAD is a very strong-willed person”. The NC is headquarted in North Carolina while the contract is performed here in Missouri and is totally dependent upon the project manager to effectively fulfill the contract. I believe I have a legitimate case of retaliation and/or contract interference. After contacting a lawyer I get the impression that it would be difficult and not cost effective enough for a lawyer to pursue on a percentage compensation basis? Thoughts and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

duplicate post
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

When you say duplicate post are you referring to my posting this issue on two different areas within the Forum?

Comment

Yes. It points any responders to your other post so that responses, and any follow-up posts by you, are all in the same thread.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks...as you can see I'm new to the forum and in my eagerness for answers I have not invested the time necessary to become familiar with all the rules of engagement.

Thanks again!

Comment

No problem.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X