Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

is there anything we can do Mississippi

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • is there anything we can do Mississippi

    my husband was fired from a company that he worked for almost 3 yrs.He was a leadman.And he has not gotten a raise in 2yrs.He was the lowest paid leadman there was at this company..So anyway,on friday he went to his boss and asked for a 0.50 crent raise,he laughed at him.Well so my husband never said nothing more about it.Well on wednesday,his boss came to him and said the yard supervisor wanted to talk to him,and told him to get his tools.So he did and went and seen the superviser and he told my husband hewas fired.Now like i said he had been working here for almost 3yrs and never had a write-up or anything.But on his discgarge papers they wrote he was fired for insubordination.Is there anything we can do about this?

  • #2
    I'm sorry but not really. In at-will employment, you can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender) or unless your husband had a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary.

    Your husband should file for unemployment ins. - always file. If he is denied, he can appeal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      Only thing to do is move on and file for UI benfits.

      Always file...always appeal!
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

      I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.