This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful termination

My wife was fired friday ,the reason given was because she went behind the back of boss b to boss a who was also fired several months ago.She is( was) a warranty administrator for a car dealer and #1 in the disrtrict for warranty claims. she went to work friday and it was a normal day until after lunch when she was called into the office and told that this was her last day and a man from another dealer was taking her place monday. I need to know if we have any recourse.

No, no recourse. She could have been terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie age, race, religion) or unless she had a CBA or employment contract to the contrary.

It's just like she could have quit at any time for any reason.

That's at-will employment.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Going behind your boss's back often leads to termination. Its not illegal.
      Good luck to her in finding another job.
      I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Agree, that was not a good idea.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I have said this before but it bears repeating.

When you go around your boss, you should prepare for one of you not to be there tomorrow. If what you are saying will get your boss fired, fine. If it doesn't, you should probably bring a box to work.

Talking behind the back of your current boss to another boss is what we refer to as a "career limiting decision".
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X