Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unanswered request for term. reason/employee file (MN)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbg
    replied
    Well, actually it's 15 days, not 5, but that's not really material to your question; just in case someone else from your state is reading this.

Since you live in one of the very few states that requires "service letters" on request, your recourse is to complaint to the state DOL.

Leave a comment:

• unanswered request for term. reason/employee file (MN)

I was let go from my employer on April 3. I had looked up MN employment laws and saw that if you made a request within 5 days of being terminated for written reason for termination and a copy of employee file, that your employer was required to provide. On Friday, April 7, I sent a letter certified mail (return receipt requested) for official reason for termination and a copy of my employee file. To date, my job has not provided this to me. Do I have any recourse? I honestly was given no concrete reason why I was let go. In my final conversation with my former employer, I was told how I complained about the hotel that I was put up in and how I wasn't the go-getter that they thought I should be. I'm sincerely curious as to what they are saying my reason for termination was. If I do have recourse, who do I need to follow up with?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X