This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected cut in pay after resigning in MN

While working for a company in MN, I was given a promotion to manager/key holder and the raise that came with it. The day before the new payrate and job description became affective I was offered a position at a competitor with better hours, less responsibility and higher pay and benefits. I put in my 2 weeks notice, worked both weeks under the new job description, fulfilling all new responsibilities before leaving. Two weeks later when the paycheck that should reflect the higher payrate and responsibility shows up, I noticed that it did not reflect any change. I called the company, but have not recieved calls back. Just after putting in my 2 weeks, I asked my supervisor if it affected my promotion, and he said he needed me to work as a manager, and that the pay increase was still affective. I read on this forum that in Texas they are required to tell you that your pay will decrease, is there a similar law in MN?

I could not find such a requirement in a cursory search of the MN DOL website, however, knowing MN as I do, I would be surprised if this requirement did not exist there. You can contact the DOL directly and ask them. (651) 284-5005
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X