Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

can anything be done (minnesota)?

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can anything be done (minnesota)?

    approximately 3 years ago my wife filed a work comp claim for an injury (which we are still waiting to finalize).. the company finally found a position for her in their food service/cafeteria department, on 3rd shift. her current pay scale is much higher than what the position would pay. two recent job openings on 1st shift have been denied by the company because those positions pay scale is much lower than what she currently makes.

    during her training period, she noticed that some of the others employees would take unsold sandwiches and salads instead of throwing them in the trash.

    during her 3rd shift work schedule, she would often times finds a note, left by the 1st shift supervisor, for her to take outdated bread, lettuce, carrots, etc home to feed our cattle.

    last week, she was called into her supervisors office and told that she is on suspension for an undetermined time, because she had taken hamburgers that were to be thrown out and had allowed one of the product delivery persons (who works for a supplier) to also take unsold items.

    the funny part is, she has seen others doing the same and there were no warnings or never a statement telling her this activity was not acceptable. could this be construed as discrimination?

    her current work comp attorney claims this is outside the work comp claim representation..

    any input is appreciated
    Last edited by jerryswe; 03-06-2006, 09:39 AM.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.