This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deductions from last paycheck - Minnesota Minnesota

Is it legal to deduct the balance of an advance or a negative vacation account from the last paycheck? Even if there was nothing signed at the time of the advance? Also, if the employer knows that the amount of the last paycheck will not cover the advance, can they withhold from the last two paychecks?
    Thanks a million, in advance!

This was all I could find. #2.
    http://www.dli.mn.gov/LS/Pdf/rights_eng_pink.pdf

It's problematic that there was no signed authorization to start with. Has the advance been partially deducted already?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

yes some repayment

Yes, there has been some repayment thusfar. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I would be reluctant to accelerate the payments at this point, even if the law did allow it (and I can't say one way or the other), without a signed authorization setting out those terms.

Are you the employer in this situation? The employee has already given notice?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X