This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside sales 100% commision Minnesota

Can my company require me to attend training or meetings without compensation?

There is no such thing as "100% commission" for inside salespersons without taking into consideration hours worked (which mandatory training is). However, as long as you receive at least minimum wage for all hours worked (and overtime when applicable), the basic wage and hour law has been complied with.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      There is no such thing as "100% commission" for inside salespersons without taking into consideration hours worked (which mandatory training is). However, as long as you receive at least minimum wage for all hours worked (and overtime when applicable), the basic wage and hour law has been complied with.
      Interesting...all the people I work with thought that they could not be pulled off the sales floor to attend a 6 hour training at the corp office (in town) without compensation and or mileage, or even attend on their day off.

Thank you for the reply

Comment

They're wrong; there is no law which says that.

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/...e.htm#BasicPro
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X