Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Employer will not mail my paycheck Minnesota

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employer will not mail my paycheck Minnesota

    Last month I had quit my job. I had called the employer and given my resignation on August 13th. At that time I had requested that my paycheck be mailed to me. Pay day was August 18th. I mailed a written request to the employer and mailed it on August 27th. I am giving a couple of days before I attempt to contact him again, but I was wondering what my rights are and what actions I can take if the employer decides that he isn't going to pay me. Knowing the employer for a short while I feel like he is avoiding payment. I am also worried because this would have been my first paycheck, I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I don't know if I have any record with the state of being employed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

  • #2
    Your state is not my state, so this will be a soft answer. The traditional solution is to send a short, polite letter to the employer via certified mail (NOT email) requesting the past due payment. If/when this fails, file a wage claim with state DOL. Say 10 days after sending the letter.

    The letter will act as proof (if needed) that you have exhausted all reasonable remedies. Some times the states care about this, and sometimes not. Better to have it and not it, then to need it and not have it.

    Small claims court and talking to an attorney about a general court action are other possibilities.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.