This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime- Salaried Employee Minnesota

I am a warehouse manager for a company in MN. I have been employed with the company for over 2 years. When offered the job it was agreed that I would work 45 hours per week. My schedule is- (per my manager)
    Mon- 5pm- 2am
    Tues- 5pm- 2am
    Wed- 5pm- 2am
    Thurs- 7pm-5am
    Friday- 5pm- 2am

My issue is for the past year and a half I have worked.
    Mon- 4pm- 230am
    Tues- 5pm-230am
    Wed- 5pm-330am
    Thurs- 7pm- 5am
    Friday- 5pm-430am
    I close the warehouse and any night there is OT for the Union employees I am required to stay until the next manager comes in in the morning. (I am non-union) worse case scenario I could be required to work until 330 every Mon/ Tues/ Wed and on Fridays until 630am. Also I was recently told that my schedule would be changed to require me to come in at 4pm on Mondays.

Can anything be done about this? Are there any laws for determing OT, if any, for salaried employees? Or, I guess, any advice/insight would be appreciated.

Thank you!

"Salaried" is merely a pay method. The real issue regarding overtime pay is whether you are exempt or nonexempt. As a manager of an identifiable business unit, it is likely that your job duties may qualify you as exempt under the law and, accordingly, you would not be legally entitled to any additional pay above your regular salary, regardless of how many hours worked.
    http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian..._executive.pdf
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X