This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking, spray mount - Minnesota

I work for a small company (8 of us) designing packaging. Our warehouse, attached to our offices, is heated and stores all our products - and has production tables in it that we use to make mock-ups. People spray paint, spray mount, use fixatives, and smoke in the warehouse 20 - 300 feet from us. It's unbearable some times. There is a garage door that we can open, but it's next to our tables and freezes us in the winter. I asked my boss if we could get some ventilation and he said "I fired the last person that brought that up." He said we're a small company so laws don't apply to us, and it's a warehouse, not offices. So I asked if we could move the work tables in the main office area and he said no. What are my rights? I feel everytime I bring something up I'm blacklisted so I feel stuck.

This might help

Originally posted by sandyfranklyn View Post
    I work for a small company (8 of us) designing packaging. Our warehouse, attached to our offices, is heated and stores all our products - and has production tables in it that we use to make mock-ups. People spray paint, spray mount, use fixatives, and smoke in the warehouse 20 - 300 feet from us. It's unbearable some times. There is a garage door that we can open, but it's next to our tables and freezes us in the winter. I asked my boss if we could get some ventilation and he said "I fired the last person that brought that up." He said we're a small company so laws don't apply to us, and it's a warehouse, not offices. So I asked if we could move the work tables in the main office area and he said no. What are my rights? I feel everytime I bring something up I'm blacklisted so I feel stuck.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/e...mciaa/rule.htm

http://www.alamn.org/mn/publicpolicy/MNIndoorAirLaw.asp

You might need to call your local health department, or get a better job.

Sorry

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X