This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last check Minnesota

When I was fired, I was not given my last check. Is there a time frame for the company to get my last check to me?

In Minnesota, it is due immediately, I would contact the Department of Labor for MN and file for the wages due. Here is the link I found this information on.

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...1/259/188/ART/

Comment

It's due with in 24 hours of the term.

Comment

From Minnesota Labor Standards website:

Your paycheck is to be issued within 24 hours of your demand for wages (see Minnesota Statutes 181.13). If you quit, your wages are due within the next pay period which is more than five days after quitting. However, wages must be paid within 20 days of separation (see Minnesota Statutes 181.14). In cases where the discharged or quitting employee was entrusted with money or property during employment, the employer shall have an additional 10 calendar days after the date of the employee ’s separation to audit the accounts of the employee before the employee’s wages are to be paid.
        Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X