X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Payroll question

Hello,

I work for a security company in Michigan and as of mid-May the company is no longer issuing payroll checks. They had required all employees to get either direct deposit or a payroll bank card for our pay. They have also stopped issuing payroll stubs showing our hours worked, pay, deductions, etc. (these however are available for viewing online). Is any of this really legal (the company says it is)? If it isn't whom can I report it to?

Sincerely,
    SecurityGuy

I can point you to the correct law. The problem is that there is not a simple yes/no answer to your question. You will have to read the law all the way through several times and figure out which of the several possibilities relate to your facts.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(jhy...me=mcl-408-476
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X