This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Job evaluations falsified

I worked at a school a couple of years ago and received glowing evaluations. I was laid off and recalled this year to a principal who is not a nice person and has made me her target. My first evaluation was less than satisfactory and full of lies and inaccuracies. I brought in a union rep to the meeting about the evaluation and she's been worse since then. She accuses me of not fulfilling my duties, doing a terrible job and even being mean to the kids - None are true. My second evaluation was lowered to "unsatisfactory and the teacher shows no concern". Her recommendations to improve my performance are vague and 4 pages long which could never be completed. The union sympathizes but our president isn't any help. She put two teachers on mental health leave last year and I'm headed that way myself. I'm a nervous wreck. She could cost me my job and ruin my career. How do I protect myself?

I don't know if there is much you can do. Generally any recourse is through your
    union though they don't seem to be of much help.

Sometimes the only thing to do is look for other employment.

Maybe other responders will have some suggestions for you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Transfer to a different school?
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        I don't know if there is much you can do. Generally any recourse is through your
        union though they don't seem to be of much help.

Sometimes the only thing to do is look for other employment.

Maybe other responders will have some suggestions for you.
        I worked for a company many years ago that had a similar problem (not a school system) and we found the union president was being paid by company officials to look the other way on issues. A bunch of employees pooled their money and hired a contract attorney to review the contract and advise them. The attorney found problems within the contract and the problem escalation was being handled. Long story short, the company had to renegotiate a new contract, the president was not only voted out of office but investigated for the contract and a few other things (not relevant here). So you might was to check your contract out or have a contract attorney look at it for you. If there is something in the contract regarding how your complaint is handled or reviewed, etc. then you might have recourse (even if it's only against the union).

Just my 2 cents.
        Regards,
        SecurityGuy

Comment

Thanks for your help; however, the poster has not been back since February. It's likely that the situation is resolved by now.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X