This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan

Our shop just recently went on "critical status" Which means they can work us nine hours a day M-F and 8 hours a day sat and sun. My question to you is, is there a michigan state labor law which there is a maximum number of consecutive days worked before an employer is required to give you a day off????? if so a link to the law would be helpful so i can print it off and show my boss.

No, sorry, in Michigan you can be required to work how ever many consecutive days your employer requires/needs you to work. Mi. is not one of the few states that has a 1 day off in 7 law.

There are some exceptions for minors & certain occupations such as long haul trucker, airline pilot ...

There is also no limit to the # of hrs. you can be required to work in a day in any state except for the exceptions noted above & only a couple of states (not Mi.) limit the # of hrs. that can be worked in a week (pay period).
    Last edited by Betty3; 10-01-2009, 10:59 PM. Reason: add info
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X