This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be denied? Michigan

If I was fired from a sales job pretty much for inadequate production, and I showed up to work everyday and never no call/no show'd or anything like that, will my claim be denied? As of now, I am set to receive the maximum weekly amount, but there's an extra set of questions for people who quit or were fired that I have to deal with.

I've heard from multiple sources that my previous employer can be stingy about paying unemployment benefits and I'm wondering if just simply not being any good at the job would make my claim deniable (even though I was working at the company for well over a year and I was promoted to get the job in the first place)?

No one here can say if you will receive benefits or not - that will be up to the state to decide. The employer does not decide though they can appeal.

However, "generally" inadequate production is not a reason to deny benefits. (unless possibly you could have produced more & just wouldn't do your job)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I realize that there are no promises from you all, but I appreciate the input. I am just really concerned because I'm hearing strange stories from former co-workers about my previous employer coming up with strange reasons to try to avoid paying for it. And when you say "(unless possibly you could have produced more & just wouldn't do your job)" I start to think they would twist that a bunch of different ways to get what they want. I hope I'm just worrying over nothing...

Comment

Try not to worry. Just tell the truth - good luck to you.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

My claim was denied. The stated reason was that I refused to do my job. I'm assuming they are claiming that since I was a few minutes late to an assigned "call session", that I was (un)officially declaring that I refused to do the work. I was at lunch at the time and forgot that they changed the time. I immediately talked to my supervisor when I returned and worked a few minutes late on the call session to make up for it. I performed well on the call session. Is being late to something like this grounds for claiming I refused to do the job, considering I made an effort to finish the full hour and talked to my supervisor right away?

Comment

All you can do is appeal the decision. Our opinion doesn't count. Good luck.

Comment

I realize your opinion doesn't mean anything official, but I was just wondering what your opinion was. I guess I just figure that they could say anyone "refused to do their job" if they felt like it.

Comment

They can say that but that doesn't mean the person making the UI decision with accept it. All you can do is tell the truth. All information will be considered and a decision made.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! haha. Have a great night.

Comment

The best of luck to you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X