Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Non-compete KY Kentucky

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-compete KY Kentucky

    So I've read around about the non-competes over the forum. I was wondering if anyone with a legal background could give me any insight into this. One day way after employment began we were brought in and all presented a non-compete. We were put under the impression that either we sign and keep our jobs, or don't and they fire us. The non compete actually says that we will not be employed by a client of the business during the term of employment, but also says it takes effect during employment and two years after termination of employment.

    Does the lack of concession make this hard to hold up in court and if the client was no longer a client at the time of becoming employed, would that be outside of the scope of this?

    Any advice would be appreciated.

  • #2
    Ky. non-competes are enforceable if the covenants are "reasonable in scope and purpose."

    I am not a lawyer. We usually suggest you take your non-compete to an employment or contract attorney in your state for review & advice. They should know how the courts in your area are handling non-competes.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.