X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babysitting (law?) requirements in Indiana

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've been looking all over the place, to see if there's a law concerning the age of a babysitter, in Indiana. Do you have to be a certain age to start babysitting? I know this girl, who is 12 (very responsible and mature for her age, also) and is wanting to stay at home to watch her brother and sister. They are 8 & 9 yrs. old. Her mom would like for her to be able to stay at home and watch them, but she's not sure if there's an age requirement or not. She doesn't want to break any laws.

If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by mr_mrsbannedfonz; 03-29-2008, 11:19 AM.

Only two states have actual legislation as to how old a child should be to be left alone at home & even if they can be left alone does not mean they are responsible enough to babysit others. (In. is not one of the two states)

In other states, it would depend on common sense, the age of the babysitter & how responsible they are & the age of the children being watched, how long they are to be watched, etc.
    Last edited by Betty3; 03-29-2008, 06:11 PM. Reason: add info
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X