Work in retail and forced to babysit bosses child Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work in retail and forced to babysit bosses child Illinois

This question is really on behalf of my girlfriend. She works in a retail store and the boss came in one day and made to run some errands for the store and made her take along her child of 8 years old while she ran said errands for the store. Just mostly out of curiosity is this legal for a boss to make a employee babysit their kid?

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by EyeGore22 View Post
    This question is really on behalf of my girlfriend. She works in a retail store and the boss came in one day and made to run some errands for the store and made her take along her child of 8 years old while she ran said errands for the store. Just mostly out of curiosity is this legal for a boss to make a employee babysit their kid?
    Yes, it's legal
    as long as your girlfriend gets paid for her time.

.._______________
    ~ Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority,
    and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
    it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. ~ unknown

Comment

Yes, it's legal as long as she gets paid for running the errands with the child for the store.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If that's how the boss wants her to use her time, there's nothing in the law that says he can't require it. As the others have said, as long as she is paid - and we're not talking about her being paid extra. As long as she gets her regular hourly wage.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Honestly it would be welcome change for me. She outside of her work place with no pressure to get things done at certain pace. Shes free to stop to get something to eat or drink especialy if child is hungry or thristy. Long as she is being paid for her time I dont see it as an issue.
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Okay I was just curious I kinda figured as long as she is getting paid her hourly wages she pretty much has to do whatever the boss says. and it really isn't a issue other than my girlfriend hates kids. lol

Comment

Keep that in mind if you have any future plans with her. It might be deal breaker
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by EyeGore22 View Post
                Okay I was just curious I kinda figured as long as she is getting paid her hourly wages she pretty much has to do whatever the boss says.
                That's about it unless she has a binding employment contract to the contrary or it's something illegal.....
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                  Keep that in mind if you have any future plans with her. It might be deal breaker
                  Yeah I'm very aware. I don't want to have kids as well.

Comment

That's convenient then as long as one of you doesn't later change your mind about not wanting kids.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X