• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    I didn't see 3 - just 2 & one on whether exempt or non-exempt. Anyway
    questions should only be posted once - when someone comes along
    that has an answer, they will post it. Multiple postings do not help.

PS In this case, OP said they couldn't find their original thread.
    Last edited by Betty3; 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eerelations
    replied
    It's actually a triplicate post. (And why the OP chose to post this question here is absolutely beyond me.)
    Last edited by eerelations; 04-11-2011, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    This was posted again today under debt collection forum - reply there.

Will make this the duplicate post.

Leave a comment:

• Can employer legally send me for debt collection Illinois

I have said before that I work in Illinois for a company that is based in Georgia (I install security systems). My question is about debt collection on a lease agreement. The customer that owes money is in Wisconsin. I was sent out there today to try and collect the money owed. But the lease agreement is not even with the company I work for. When an install is completed, I get the customer to sign a lease agreement from a 3rd party. Can my employer legally send me out there to try and collect money that isn't even ours? What are the debt collection laws? Also, would the debt collection laws of Illinois or Wisconsin be used, or are they the same?

Thanks for any help!!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X