This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible insubordination. Do I have any options? Illinois Illinois Illinois

I am employed at a large regional bank. Have never been written up or disciplined until recently. I am in sales and due to some internal changes my production has severely suffered. About a week ago, my manager changed our work hours with no advanced notice and required us to each be on 2 daily conference calls; 1 in the morning and 1 right before we leave for the day. In order to accomodate, I have been taking the 2nd call using my cell from the car. However, I was told that was unacceptable and must take the call from the office. I explained that I have other obligations at 6 and cannot possible make these calls. Moreover, I expplained that I had a similar discussion when I was hired about my obligations and was told it would not be a problem. However, that got my nowhere and was told that I am to write an email at 5:530pm to "prove" I'm in the office everyday. This is leading to me now being considered tardy and possible insubordinate because I am not sending these emails. Lastly, I had overtime last week and used it to see a doctor. I was told to cancel the appointment because I did not gice adequate notice. Although, for 2 years none of these things have been a problem. Can someone tell me if I have any options here. I called HR and they are looking into the matter. But am afraid that If I get fired I will not get unemployment due to insubordination.

Thanks,

Rob

Welcome to the world of banks. They don't much care about you. They're not doing anything illegal, so if you get fired for insubordination, you might not get unemployment. But file anyway, you might still get it.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Sorry, nothing illegal being done here by employer. If you get fired, the state will decide
      whether you get UI or not.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X