This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay is defferent than I was told Illinois

Last year I was discussing the option of moving positions within the company that I was currently working for. It entailed less hours and a shorter drive time, but also a pay cut. While emailing back in forth with the company VP we were discussing pay. His word were that most people were making 45-50 in that position and he was budgeting 50 for this year. I took the position change and when I got there, and my old position had been filled I found out I was only being paid 40! Just wondering if I have anything here? I do still have the emails of our conversation. Thanks for any help.

Not unless you had a valid contract guaranteeing the higher rate. Based on what you had posted, it doesn't sound like there was any promise, verbal or otherwise, as to the rate you would actually receive, only what the range was at that time which was, after all, a year ago. Maybe his budget wasn't approved as he had hoped; happens.
    Last edited by Pattymd; 01-18-2010, 07:15 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X