Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Final Pay check Idaho

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Final Pay check Idaho

    I went to work for a delivery service company, I worked for one week. It didn't work out for me, I told my supervisor I would not be returning, this was in late Feb. I made numerous phone calls to get my pay check. No return calls, Owner/Manager was out, finally in late March I was able get in contact with the "Owner" told me to come and fill out w-9's etc. I was told it would be on a "Cash" bases for the trial period. That was weeks ago and still no pay check.
    I understand that final pay should be expected in 5 working days?
    Well this has been far exceeded and I am wondering what recoarse I would have as far as penalties, etc. towards this employer?
    What can or should I do at this point?
    Last edited by ridesskidoo; 05-12-2008, 05:35 PM.

  • #2
    You can file a complaint with the ID DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      And you never should have been asked to complete a W-9 in the first place. That's for vendors and it's almost certain you would not have met the requirements for Independent Contractor status; you were almost certainly an employee.

      Agree with cbg's advice.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.