X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal to Board of Review 8 weeks ago

Hello all!

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, so if it's in the wrong place, forgive me.

Has anyone appealed to the Board of Review in GA? If so, about how long does it customarily take to get a decision?

(I did call them and verified that they received my appeal)

Thanks

HG

It varies. One time I had the hearing on Wednesday morning and had the decision by mail on Friday. Another time I waited almost 3 months. There are so many people applying for UI and fewer people processing things so it takes time.

Did you have the telephone hearing yet?
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have had the same experience...I have seen action take place in days, and I have waited for as long as 5 months!
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgana View Post
        It varies. One time I had the hearing on Wednesday morning and had the decision by mail on Friday. Another time I waited almost 3 months. There are so many people applying for UI and fewer people processing things so it takes time.

Did you have the telephone hearing yet?
        When I was fired, I applied for and was awarded UI. Of course, my former employer appealed, so, due what he said in his appeal, I hired an attorney and we went to an in-person hearing. 10 days later, I was notified that the original decision to award my UI was overturned. We then appealed to the Board of Review and are awaiting their decision. If the BOR fails to overturn and give my unemployment back, we intend to appeal to Superior Court.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X