This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No lunch breaks in Florida???

Are there any laws in the State of Florida requiring that employers allow employees to take a lunch break when you work 10 - 12 hours per day?

No, there are no laws in Florida requiring any kind of breaks for adult employees, regardless of how many hours a day they work.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I can't believe this, but it's very very true. I have never worked for a company that did not require atleast a 30 minute lunch for it's employees. I know that this is a thread over three years old, but in those three years the law has not changed. How sad. So I e-mail our govenor, Charlie Crist. It's not right when basic needs are not required by law. It's not like we are asking for vacation time, paid time off, and various other "benefits" to be mandatory. No reply is nessasary, I just wanted to let anyone else who reads this post to know that the law is still valid and that I'm hoping that this will change.

Comment

Please do not reply to three year old posts. We are aware that the law has not changed.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Curiosity

Out of curiousity why shouldn't someone comment on a post 3 years old? Isn't the point of a forum to grow members? I found this post by searching for Florida break and lunch laws as I just started working in FL.

Who are "we" that already know that Florida's law hasn't changed? How did "we" know the law hasn't changed?

Is there an age limit that a post shouldn't be replied to, 1 year, 2 year, 3 years?

I've posted to many forums where I've seen a question asked and the usual response is "search the forum and there are many posts that will answer your questions".

I'm confused I thought the purpose of a forum was to communicate, should this person have started a new post instead of replying? I wouldn't be posting if just anyone had posted this reply, but when a moderator makes a comment I assume it's based on rule or helpful instruction.

Comment

If the law HAD changed, it would be appropriate to mention it. The problem is, that when someone answers an old question, it shows as new to everyone else, including responders, who may then spend time on a thread where the original poster has been gone for some time, rather than on a thread where the poster still has not been fully answered. The responders here are volunteers with limited time available.

By all means use the search feature to see if your question has been answered; that's what it's there for. But it serves no purpose to, three years after the fact, confirm that the answer given at that time was correct.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X