This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• florida child labor laws?

My son is working for a fast food company and they have him working until 1:30am. He is attending his GED program which he goes Mon thru Thrursday until 9:00pm. They have him working on Sundays until 1:30am. He is sixteen years of age.

Is this legal? My wife has already expressed to the manager that she did not want him working that late.

What legal options do I have???

Thanks,
    Law2747

Child Labor in Florida

According to the state,
    For minors 16 & 17, the allowable work hours are: 30 hours a week when school is in session; eight hours per day between 6:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. if school is scheduled the following day. There are no limitations on hours worked when school is not scheduled the following day or during holidays and summer vacation.

Minors are NOT permitted to work during normal school hours unless they are enrolled in a school-to-work experience program, career education or other program declared exempt by the state or have received a partial waiver.
    Information about Florida's child labor restrictions may be found at: http://www.state.fl.us/dbpr/pro/chil...rms/poster.pdf
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X