uniform policy Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uniform policy Florida

I work at a restaurant that has a uniform for guys that requires a specific shirt. I have been to several stores and have not found it. My rude manager keeps hassling me about it. Can he fire or take me off schedule for not having this shirt? Employer has not no way of finding this shirt. It has to be a one color(a shiny baise, 2 button breast pockets and button up) thanks in advanced.

Where do the other employees purchase the shirt?
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

they got them from a few diff places but i checked them and they dont carry them anymore

Comment

Originally posted by blee0518 View Post
        Can he fire or take me off schedule for not having this shirt? Employer
        Yes, although if this is a requirement specific to you only, that will not be applied to other future employees, it could get legally interesting.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Are you the only new employee?
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Plug in the label info into your search engine. It should find you someone selling it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
              Are you the only new employee?
              yes i am the only new employee at this time. the last guy hired before me was about 5 weeks prior. He found his at a store that doesnt carry it anymore(online either). Does it matter that girls wear a different uniform, being that theirs is a simple black round cut t-shirt and squirt?

Comment

The women can have a different outfit.

Could you not find it anywhere online?
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                  The women can have a different outfit.

Could you not find it anywhere online?
                  no i couldnt, but after my manager took my credit card tips a few days ago to cover a walk out or in my opinion the bussers pocket, i decided to find another job which i start in 2 days.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X