This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Discharge Florida

Person called corporate saying 3 people were in parking lot smoking pot. My manager and I immediately had drug testing. One person admitted he would fail as he was a user at home, yet never at work (a 7 year employee). 2 of the 3 passed, yet someone also said they saw the person who passed maniluplate the test. That person was allowed to come back to work for one day and was told that he needed to do another test. That individual also failed and all 3 individuals were terminated. I was called by corporate HR and told that someone stated that I should have known what was happening, even though no one told my manager or myself and there were no signs. The 3 people were my best employees. I was told by my manager that one of the individuals prior to being fired had some very negative things to say about me. I called up that individual and used profanity toward them knowing they would be fired anyway. Also my HR file is clean with no issues for 2 years. Other managers which are my equal are on the final write-up's (3). I have never been written up and have no issues. I was terminated via letter for "Employee Conduct and Safety Policies Multiple Times."
    Also just to add more to this issue, my family is friends with my manager. My wife spoke with my manager the evening prior to my firing which he told my wife EVERYTHING which happened with all of the employees, including me. At that time he stated that he wanted HR to do a write-up yet had no control.
    I have the right to appeal in 7 days yet do not think this will matter. Any suggestions as what I do?

I don't see anything illegal done by your employer based on what you posted. You
    can be terminated at any time for any reason except a reason prohibited by law (ie
    age, religion, gender...) or unless you have a legally binding employment contract to
    the contrary.

Appeal & see what happens. If you lose, apply for unemployment ins. The state
    will make the decision whether you receive it or not.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

http://employeeissues.com:80/wrongful_termination.htm
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X