Thanks guy's and gal's, point is clear now

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Good point, cbg, OP did ask about laws.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    To be clear, I wondered if there were any laws giving an individual the right to lawfully insist the establishment be closed.

No. There are not.

I hope that the answer to your question is now clear.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Agree, a customer can file a complaint but it would be up to the agcy. doing the investigation whether to close the store or not. (The investigating agcy. decides what action if any to take.)

Leave a comment:

• CarynG
    replied
    They can insist all they want, but the agency investigating makes the determination as to whether fines will be levied or whether the store will be closed.

Leave a comment:

• George100
    replied
    How much pull does the law give one individual in this case?

You make perfect sence however, I wondered if that person submitting the claim could insist the establishment be closed. To be clear, I wondered if there were any laws giving an individual the right to lawfully insist the establishment be closed. Kind of like an individual filling a tresspassing warrant, then the police would act acording to the law....

Leave a comment:

• Marketeer
    replied
    A customer can certainly complain to a state or local agency. It would the agency's decision to close an establishment for violations of laws or codes.

Leave a comment:

• George100
    started a topic General job security Florida

General job security Florida

My friend works in a retail setting. She is very hard working, also very precise with her inventory. The scenerio is a woman came in and apparently found out of dates (by a day) in her department. She went right to the state with what she claimed she found. My question is can just a costomer have a store shut down or fined?.. The reason I ask this is, there really is no way to prove that the product she had came from my friends department. In reality, a recipt proves nothing in my opinion. The state DID come in and inspect, with NO results. Am I correct in thinking; the STATE, not a costomer could have a store shut down?? There are very nasty peole sometimes, that would love a lawsuit, that is my eperience from 12 years retail work...
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X