X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denial of benefits and penalty requirements Florida

Question-

I filed an unemployment claim in Fla, it was denied, I appealed, it was denied, I went as far as I could go with the Fla UCC- no dice. The denials ' the law requires disqualification from 2/15/09 and until you earn 4675$. I have now met the $ penalty and the 2/15 date is past yet the state still denies me any benefits. I have sent all pay stubs showing earnings( i am only able to find part time work, so I am only 'partially' employed. After jumping thruogh all the hoops the Fla stats require these petty martinets still deny any claim I have. what do I do?

What is the reason for the denial?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I worked for a company and gave notice for a better job. Four months later( after working for the new company all that time) I was hospitalized for an off the job injury. I was terminated from the new job while still in the hospital. When released I filed a claim against the new employer- however the state only looked at the 'base period' and the new employer was not in it yet, it is now . So I was dissqualified on the basis of leaving my old employer voluntarilly. The state never looked at my 'new' employer even though I made 4000$ in taxable income with them

Comment

They're only SUPPOSED to look at the base period.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thank you for your time. Let get this straight- even though I comply and satisfy all 'penalty' stipulations as laid out by the state in the Fla statutes -the UCC still does not have to abide by their own reasons for denial. This does not make any sense, so even if you comply with the reasons for disqualification it does not matter- your still SOL?

Comment

Evidently.

Comment

So appeal, already.
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Exactly what do you expect a message board to do for you? Overrule the state?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X