This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On call/ Stand by

on-call/stand by time: I am required by my employer to be on call/ stand by for seven consective days, every three weeks. In the past we were a non-profit facility. We were compensated with $2.00 per hour (after work hours) and paid time and a half if we were called in. If there was a Holiday in the week, we would still receive time and a half, regardless if a holiday was involed. In addition we were paid a minimun of 2 hours when we were contacted to come in. Now we are a state facility all has changed. We receive $1 per hour, now we receive stright time if a holiday involed and two hours pay if we are contacted to come in. From what I have read that when we are call in after work hours, that 2 hours should be our travel time. And I have not seen anything about being oncall/stand by for more that 24 hours, so what is the deal?
    Last edited by NMCB21; 04-15-2009, 08:43 AM.

On call/stand by

I am sure that somebody out there is familar with this issue. I have read so many articles that I am so confused! I have yet to find anything that clears up this issue. From what I read that the on call is only for a single 24 hour peroid, and not for seven consective 24 hour peroids. I also read that the 2 hours that is alloted (and does not specifically state) that it should be designated for travel. So what is the answer, can anyone explain? Do I have a issue here?

Comment

Sorry, not sure how we all missed this.

From what I have read that when we are call in after work hours, that 2 hours should be our travel time.
      Where did you read this? This is not an FLSA requirement. Sometimes, travel time when called in on an emergency CAN be compensable, but it depends on the circumstances and even the regulation itself says that the DOL does not take an always/never position.
      http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.36.htm

Neither federal nor Florida has reporting time pay minimums. Neither federal nor Florida requires overtime pay unless you actually work more than 40 hours in a workweek.

If you are covered by a CBA, your contract may cover this.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X