Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

no show no call Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • no show no call Florida

    if an employee doesnt show up to work,without a call,letter or message could i assume that this employee has chosen to quit and is not entitled to unemployment compensation?

  • #2
    You could assume, but you could be wrong. Just as a personal aside, if I were stricken unconscious or was in a serious car accident and had to go into surgery, no one would know about it for probably quite a while.

    Have you tried contacting the employee?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    • #3
      If the question is, can you legally fire them for a no call no show, yes, you can.

      If the question is, are you therefore guaranteed that they will not receive unemployment, no, you are not.

      If any or all of the following is true:

      1.) you have a specific policy telling the employees what will be considered a no call no show and what the consequences are
      2.) You make a verifiable attempt to contact the employee
      3.) The employee receives a notice that if they have not contacted you by x date it will be considered a voluntary quit

      it will increase the chances that unemployment will be denied.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.