This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from hourly to commission Florida

I was hired as an hourly employee over two years ago.About a month ago we were told we were going to be strictly commission.Is this legal?

That would be a function of the your actual job duties (not just the job title) and maybe your industry. I cannot be more specific unless you are.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I am a class E recovery agent and a private investigator for a recovery company.

Comment

I don't know exactly what that is, but if my assumption is correct, you do not qualify as an exempt employees.

Yes, you can be paid on a "commission only" basis.

However, you still must be paid the Florida minimum wage for all hours worked and overtime at your "regular rate of pay" when you work over 40 hours in a workweek. Commissions divided by hours worked = regular rate of pay. This is a very simplistic explanation, I admit.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X