This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make reformance review and rebottle public records Florida

I was unfairly treated and get a very low review so that I need to take corrective action plan.
    I know that is a setup for me to fail since they are seeking new set of skills. The reason they are not laying me off just because they want to keep the position open.
    I know in Florida it is almost impossible to sue the company since we are at will.
    I decide to rebottle their decision on the review and want to make them exempt from privacy act so anyone can request and distribute them.
    Thanks.

"Rebottle"?

"Unfair" is not necessarily illegal.

There IS no "privacy act" regarding your reviews. They can release them or not release them to whomever they wish.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

it is "rebuttal", I don't even know how to spell.
      I am not trying to sue the company.

My main point is to set the records straight for the world of scientists.
      I believe employee records is protected by Privacy Act from outside the company.
      However, I want general public can ask to see my review and my rebuttal.
      Of course, it would be me wanting spreading the words, or in this case, the document.

Thanks for the respond.
      Last edited by hunghchen; 03-01-2009, 08:46 AM. Reason: add words

Comment

Florida law does not require the employer to put a "rebuttal" into your file, although they may if they choose to. Your personnel file is not "public records"; the file belongs to the employer.

YOU can release any documents you have regarding your review, and your rebuttal, to anyone you like. So can the employer. Or they cannot. It's the employer's choice; you cannot FORCE them to release anything.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X