X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAW
    replied
    Florida is not my state so this will be a little "soft".
    - FL has next to nothing in the way of state specific labor law (other then a higher then federal MW) and does not really enforce what few laws it does have.
    - It is generally legal to reduce wage rates on a go forward basis only.
    - Vacation is complicated. FL does not require employers to provide vacation at all, and my understanding has basically no rules requiring the employer to follow their own vacation rules. However there is a possibility that if you have a written vacation policy that the old policy might rise to the level of an enforceable contract. You would have to have a local attorney review the actual documents to find out.

Leave a comment:

• notice ofwages decreased and only half of vacation pay Florida

we had a meeting this morning and the owner of the company told us that we will get only half the money for vacation time. Then he told us that he was going to change ous hourly wages. is this legal? also i live in florida
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X