This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus not paid Florida

I have not been paid the full bonus that was outlined in my initial job proposal. This happened to me last year, and after negotiating, part of the bonus was paid to me monthly over the next year. Do I have any rights as far obtaining the bonus that is owed to me? The job proposal was sent to me electronically from my bosses email, so it does not have his written signature, however I have saved all email correspondence relating to the matter.

It depends entirely on the terms of the bonus agreement.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It helps you have it in writing. You need to contact the state labor board and find out what the law is regarding bonus agreements.
      Las Vegas Lofts | Las Vegas Real Estate | Las Vegas High Rise Condos | Las Vegas Condos

Comment

And what the state labor board (such as it is) will tell him is that it depends on the terms of the bonus agreement.

Florida has very weak wage and hour laws. None specifically address bonus agreements.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Which means, OP, you need to take all your documents to a local attorney versed in contract law for review. If the "promise" rises to the level of an enforceable contract, and the contract has been breached, then you have a civil case.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Bonus

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X