Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Consecutive work days Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Consecutive work days Florida

    I know that some form of this question has already been answered, but I would like to put my specific situation out there. I get paid salary for a company and all it covers is 40 hours, no overtime whatsoever. I just got my schedule for next week and i dont have a day off at all. In summary, when this next week is over i will have work 10 hours a day for 12 days straight. I was just wondering if there was a limit on the consecutive days of work that an employer could work me.

  • #2
    If you are being paid on a salaried basis, it covers all the hours you work regardless of how few or how many. Far, far too many people believe that a salary covers 40 hours and that everything else is unpaid. That is not true; your salary covers as many or as few hours as you work whether it's 1 or 168.

    Whether you are correctly classified as exempt is another question, but we'll leave that for another thread. I have no reason to believe you are incorrectly classified; I have no reason to believe that you are correctly classified.

    To answer your specific question, in Florida regardless of whether you are paid on a salaried or an hourly basis, there is no limit to the number of consecutive days you can be required to work. Sorry.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.