Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

1m 17 and been working for 2 onths havent gotten paid Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1m 17 and been working for 2 onths havent gotten paid Florida

    hi im 17 and my first job was at mcdonalds this past summer, while working their i met dis guy that said if i come work at his investment company i would be making alot of money he told me at first i would get paid $9.00 an hour plus $500.00 for each house i found for him that he ended up buying. so it seem like a great deal so i quit mcdonalds and went to his company. once i started working for him he told me i was going to get paid $7.50 an hour he changed it from $9.00 and hour but i didnt say anything because it seemed like a good job. but than out of no where 3 weeks later he says im not getting paid that no more im only getting paid commision from now on. now is that legal to do that? now i have been working their for 2 months and only gotten paid $300.00 i started working on august 14 and it is october 19 today, i have 5 properties for him 2 of them should have closed by now but one of the roofs didnt get fixed in time and the other one he got into a conflict wit the title company so it didnt close. right now i am seriously thinking about quiting but i do not want to feel like i wasted all my tim working here so i am thinking of suing him for money that i feel like im owed i work from 9:00 to 5:00 monday to friday, and i am just sick of not getting paid. he tells me i know the property is going to close 1 day and than it doesnt. now is their any legal action my parents would be able to take? how much do u think they would be able to sue for if possible? please help me out.

  • #2
    The only legal recourse you have in Florida is to either file a claim for unpaid wages with the federal Dept. of Labor or file a civil lawsuit (your parents may have to do that on your behalf; I don't know the law in your state regarding that). You can contact the federal DOL at 866-4-USWAGE.

    You're young. You'll learn that if something sounds too good to be true, it very often is.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.