X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robb71
    replied
    This definitely fails under the "it may not be fair, but it's legal" column.

Unless employed under an enforceable employment contract or collective bargaining agreement which state otherwise, your post does not outline any unlawful action.

It's perfectly legal for your company to transfer you to another location.
    It's perfectly legal to not offer an pay raise with the transfer.
    And it would be perfectly legal to discharge you for declining the transfer.

Generally speaking employment is "at will". No reason would need to exist in order to discharge you. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Evysix
    started a topic The Pawn moves on! Florida

The Pawn moves on! Florida

I started at a company unloading boxes as a kid 14 years ago, Here's the good part, I managed to assert myself in the bussiness, got promoted and acheived highest salesperson. I saw the oportunity and asked for the managers position at another location. After 2 years in that position and closing that store at an estimated 800,000.00 more than the previous 5 years, I get demoted back to sales and was forced to relocate to another location 30 miles away. The official reason was lack of attendance however i was working the required 40 hours a week, and was never asked to work more than that and had to vigorously negotiate the same salary as manager, except the end of fiscal year bonus. Now I am back in sales and have been asked to go to yet another location with far more responsibility (asst. Mgr.) and have been told that I would not be getting any more compensation. If that fair, and can I be fired if I decline the job? I have been given 2 days to give them an answer, and Can't sleep....Evy...
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X