Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Confidential Records Florida

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • robb71
    I can understand your concern on this issue. I'd be concerned also.

    As ScottB suggests, if no policy currently exists on password sharing, I'd make sure that one is created pronto!

    How did the former employee get access to the current employee's password? If it is a result of sharing, you always have the option of disciplining the active employee.

    Is this a result of computer hacking or password theft? If yes, I'd suggest contacting local law enforcement. They should be able to answer questions on if laws were broken or not. If this is the case, I'd make sure that IT is aware and investigating any possible security threats.

    Leave a comment:

  • ScottB
    I have NO idea how you could attempt to collect damages from the ex-employee.

    Let this be a lesson learned.

    When someone leaves the company, everyone changes their passwords.

    They should not be sharing them to begin with, but your case shows they do.

    Leave a comment:

  • hhutch13
    started a topic Confidential Records Florida

    Confidential Records Florida

    If an employee was terminated from our company and we found out that this employee was logging into company software that is web based using a user name and password of a currently employed employee to get information for her new employer. The current employee found out about this and then reported it to us and he also changed his password. What grounds do we have to go after the terminated employee?
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.