This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida

Okay, here it is...I was hired as a temporary rural carrier and was given some training and was about to complete it when they fired me. They didn't like the idea that I questioned the break times. I was working a 9 hour day and standing up the whole time throwing mail and was told I can only take 30 minutes for the whole day! I can break it up in the following manner. 10 min break for the morning, 10 min for lunch and 10 min for the break in the afternoon. I stated I felt that this was not right, but that I would comply.
    Anyhow, I was paid by the hour, and I thought that since it was a government job, it had better breaks than that....ha ha! They also made false accusations about me, but I guess I have no recourse because I was a temp employee. They stated that I didn't cooperate with the driver instructor about an item that was told to me was supposed to be kept confidential. (yeah right) By the way, I did pass the driving test part of the job. In addition, the person who fired me also stated to me that " I don't think you can even lift 70lbs anyway". I stated " Oh yeah, well why don't I show you right now that I can." He said it wasn't necessary and that I was being let go.
    I just want to know if there is any recourse ( which probably not) and if you can reconfirm what they did was right.
    Thank you

You were a temporary employee in an at will state.

You don't have any recourse unless carriers are covered under a union.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X