This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change in company manual Florida

Our company has just distributed a new company policy & procedure manual that goes into effect on Jan. 1st. I have been with the company 8-yrs and I have some questions:

1. They are requiring that I sign an acknowledgement stating that I have received, read, understand and accept the new manual. Can I choose not to sign it? If I don't sign, do I have an opportunity to disput Item #2 below?

2. I have accrued 20-personal days to date, I am being told that I will lose my previously accrued days and will start Jan 1st under the new policy (5-personal/sick days per year, no accrual). Can they take away personal time that I have accrued under a previous manual?

3. Our previous manual calculated time off from anniversary date to anniversary date, the new manual will now calculate time on a calendar year basis. Can they change that after 8-yrs (my anniversary date is in Oct)?

4. Does my continuing to work for the company after the new manual is distributed automatically mean that I am accepting their new policy?

4. Do I have any avenue to dispute these new policies or do I just simply have no choice other than to quit and find employment elsewhere?

Thank you for your help.

duplicate post. All the responders here read all the forums; it is not necessary to post in multiple forums.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You can choose not to sign the manual, but that could be grounds for immediate dismissal. Just because you sign it doesn't mean you agree with it...it simply means you read and understand.

(2) Yes. Not fair, but yes. Unless it is government-regulated time off, the company can do anything it chooses.

(3) Yes. (see #2)

(4) Yes.

(5) You can always dispute policies right up the chain of command. But battling HR is like being a high-school QB in an NFL game...you're going to wish you'd never stepped on the field...if you survive.

Wish I could have been more positive, but the changes you describe are the right of the company.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Your right, I don't like it, but I enjoy working there more than I care to admit, so I guess you take the good with the bad and hope the good outweighs the bad along the way.

Comment

sadsackrick, just for your information, since you're new, when "duplicate post" is entered, that means the question has been asked in a separate thread or forum and that all responses should be made to the OTHER thread. This keeps all responses together and makes it much easier for the responders as well as the OP. This query was answered immediately in the other forum in which the OP posted it. Thanks.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X