X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL-GM
    replied
    Originally posted by rjc
    Although not a criminal attorney, I think this could be viewed as theft.

My initial advice would be to contact the local authorities and make them aware. Secondly, I would contact your attorney and review civil strategies such as a demand to return company property.

Would it be fair to say that these notes were done by the the employee during the course of his employment and on behalf of the company?
    Yes, the notes were done by the employee, during the course of his employment and on behalf of the company.

For what it's worth: I just heard from our attorney who advised me to contact ex-employee directly and invite him to immediately return the notes otherwise we will take legal action.

Thanks.

ML

Leave a comment:

• rjc
    replied
    Although not a criminal attorney, I think this could be viewed as theft.

My initial advice would be to contact the local authorities and make them aware. Secondly, I would contact your attorney and review civil strategies such as a demand to return company property.

Would it be fair to say that these notes were done by the the employee during the course of his employment and on behalf of the company?

Leave a comment:

• Terminated ex-employee took technical notes and other info Florida

We terminated an employee last week, provided a nice severence-pay and paid an extra month of health insurance. This morning while another employee was opening the doors; the terminated employee snuck into an open door and removed a stack of technical notes, drawings, etc. from the building. Most of these notes were made by the terminated employee during his employment here (11+ years), and could be utilized to duplicate products that we manufacture.

Is this considered to be theft? What are our options at this point?

Thanks.

ML
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X