This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temping/time limit for working as a temp in District of Columbia

I got a job thru a temp agency. I was supposed to stay with the temping agency for 6 months and then get hired. Two months after the 6 months were over I was contacted by HR and told about the different hiring options that they have like full time/part-time, and the benefits without offering me the job. I asked about compensation and I was told they'd get back to me on that.

They got back to me after 9 months and then again was told that they have different hiring options like full time and part-time. Again I asked for the compensation for those options. I was told they'd get back to me but they still haven't. I send reminder e-mails but they do not reply. It's been two years now.
    What does the law say about working as a temp for an extended period of time. Is there a law that forces the company to hire a temp who has worked as a temp for long? If so, who enforces that - which gov't office? How do I contact them? What is the process?
    Appreciate any info regarding this.

There is no set in stone time limit for keeping someone a temp.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X