This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another PTO question Colorado

Thanks in advance for any info you can give!

My company has a policy that allows us to accrue up to 240 hours of PTO that can be carried over from year to year. It also clearly states that when you leave the company you will be paid out for only 80 hours of your PTO. I have read several other threads about this and my question is can they do this?

I have read the section of Colorado law that covers this issue but I am not sure if it says that they have to pay the full amount or that they can limit that amount by clearly stating it in the policy.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by dkg; 01-09-2008, 08:34 AM.

Colorado: Accrued and unused vacation days are considered wages under the Wage Claim Act and are due and payable on separation from employment.

Colorado's "use it or lose it" policy: Employers can have policies stating that unused vacation time doesn't carry over into the next accrual period. (It's up to co. policy.)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X